Monday, May 12, 2008

How Much Media do I Consume?

Here is a typical day in my life:

6:30am - Exercise with my iPod on - 30 to 45 minutes

7:45am - Commute to work with radio on - 25 to 30 minutes - often interrupted by a phone call

Lunch time - 15 to 20 minutes in a restaurant - radio or piped in music. One place I go has TVs on the wall with the subtitles turned on so that I can either watch the news or sports.

7:00pm - drive home with radio on - 25 to 30 minutes

After dinner - watch TV 1hr to 2hrs - usually skipping commercials with my PVR

That's up to 4 hours on a typical week day.

On the weekends, I usually see a couple of movies whether at the theatre or at home, I'll watch something else on TV, if we go out, the radio in the car is on. If I eat out, there is usually music playing in the background. I often play a video game with the kids and do some recreational internet surfing combined with shopping and answering email, for a couple of hours

I don't read a lot of magazines, newspapers, or that kind of thing.

Next post: will I have a bunch of time I don't know what to do with during detox?

No comments: