Monday, June 9, 2008

Confessions and Guilt

Sorry for the delay. I spent the weekend in Wichita for my mother's 70th birthday party and spent the entire time with the family. I also transgressed my rules a little bit. So, here we go, full disclosure:

  1. I went to the movies and enjoyed Narnia: Prince Caspian. Technically, this falls under my rules of going with my wife, but it was my mother's idea, not my wife's. I enjoyed the movie, but it didn't feel like a "fix," I simply enjoyed it.
  2. I watched some TV, but it was in the setting of the family and we spent more time talking about what was going on than passive watching. However, I do felt I lingered a little too long. We watched about 1/2 hour to an hour.
  3. In the car on the way back to Dallas, my wife put in her music CDs. She was driving, so I wasn't about to raise a fuss about it.
Since I'm putting everything down here, I thought it important to record this detail.

Today I saw a lot of corporate video and enjoyed some live entertainers at a convention I'm attending, but have avoided reading the newspaper, watching CNN in the airport and have been turning my back to the TVs on every wall of the resort. I haven't turned on the TV in my hotel room at all.

No comments: