Monday, June 16, 2008

News Ignorance

One of the things I thought I would miss but don't is the news. Since I've changed my web browser landing page to blank and cut off NPR in the car, I get all of my news updates via conversations with coworkers.
Most days I don't hear about anything, which shows me that most news is essentially formalized gossip. For example, I heard that Hillary conceded to Obama. Believe it or not, that information didn't change my life! And, even though I know the world's journalists were tripping over themselves to be the first to report it, I could have heard about it a week or two after the fact with no negative implications.

I believe most news falls into this category. And yet, much of my time prior to this month was spent gathering that type of information.

No comments: