Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Products Advertising Media

Two posts ago, I wrote about media advertising media. Now I have an even better one... products advertising media. When I grew up, the advertising media was designed to convince people to purchase products. Now, I see how deeply that model has turned on its head. For example:
  1. I bought a Super Big Gulp at 7-11 today. On the cup was an advertisement for The Incredible Hulk.
  2. I had been buying Diet Dr. Pepper in the 20 oz bottle because there was a game code under the cap where I could win cool stuff associated with the new Indiana Jones movie. Since I swore off commercial web sites as part of my Detox, I started buying the fountain drinks since I wouldn't be able to redeem the cap code, anyway. This was a double whammy. There was advertising on the outside of the bottle, a code under the cap driving you to a web site that advertised a movie. Wow!!! I think you see the problem.
  3. I also saw the staff at Subway today wearing T-Shirts advertising yet another movie. I don't remember which one.
I think you see the problem!

No comments: