Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 4 - Thank God for the family

It's Wednesday evening and since I came home from work at about 7pm, I came home to an empty house. The kids and my wife are all in Church for youth activities (no, she's not that young, she is a youth leader). Very quiet. I found it very hard to resist the urge to turn on the TV.

I still have the problem of songs getting stuck in my head. Van Halen's "Right Now" has been playing for about three days, and I'm ready for something new. A children's song from church has also been playing over and over. The problem is that I don't know the whole song, so I keep hearing the same half verse and the chorus ad nauseum between repeats of "Right Now."

I miss Family Guy. Over the past 3 years, I've probably seen about 50 different episodes from the pre-cancellation and the resurrection timeframe. I love Stewie, Brian, even Meg. I found myself thinking about old episodes while I was in the bathroom.

The good news is that I'm used to the quiet car drive home, now. I make phone calls on my cell phone, which keeps me in touch with our field sales force a little better. I also find myself thinking about some of the people at work that I supervise more than I would have.

I also think my wife is starting to think something is up. I've been paying more attention to her. Last night, we walked the dog together and, rather than heading for the TV, I stayed and talked to her. I think it spooked her.



No comments: