Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Media advertising media

I've promised myself to do some research about how much of our gdp is generated by media.

The reason is that I've noticed how much media is spent on advertising other media. The thought came to me when I saw a bill board advertising Glen Beck's radio show. I like Glen, though I revere him as an entertainer, not a journalist.

In any case, I started to notice, 3 out of the next 5 billboards I passed actually pitched radio programs. On the radio, we here tonight's TV line up. TV news programs drive us to their web sites.

I'm not saying it's bad to know what your choices are, but when is it too much?

In the end, this is just another example of how I'm failing this test. If I want to swear off media, I need to stop reading billboards.

I guess I need to learn to drive blindfolded.

No comments: